The masters racing program provides fun race training for adults of all ages. Whether you raced as a child, just finished racing at the junior level, or have never raced before, the masters program is for you. Experienced coaches will teach you the fundamentals of racing, or help you improve your technique, and help your improve your skiing no matter what your experience level. Fees for the Masters Program is $170.00 per participant.
To register, fill out the ESC Masters Sign-Up form and mail it with a cheque 9613 96 Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T6C 2B3. Please make cheques out to “Edmonton Ski Club”. Or you can email the paperwork to email@example.com and pay at the ski club.
Edmonton Ski Club Masters Group 2012/13
Dave McCullough – Program Coordinator
The following outlines our program for the coming year. If you are new to the program, welcome! If you have any questions please send me an email ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Wednesday nights, 7:00 to 9:00 pm
- Our long-time coach, Allan, will return at the same rate we’ve paid him for years.
- You are responsible for your own lift pass
- Training cancels at -23C, the call on this to be made at 6:15 pm as posted on the Environment Canada website for Edmonton (NOT the site for the International Airport)
- As before, I run this thing out of one of my personal bank accounts. Payment is made directly to me by cheque or cash. Receipts will be provided.
- A program fee of $170.00 per participant – non-transferable, non-refundable (with the exception of a season-ending injury, and even then, the refund will be pro-rated. Pro-rating will be done as follows; 50% of fees retained by the program PLUS 1/14thof the initial amount for each session held.There will be no; guests, drop-ins, half-season rates, dogs, cats, gerbils, ferrets, hedgehogs, flying squirrels (except the ones that live down there) . . . or children allowed. This night is for the big kid in all of us.
- The program sign-up sheet is not optional. I need all the information filled-out so I can get hold of you, send you mail, or contact the person of your choosing should an emergency arise during training . . . AND . . . the very abbreviated waiver must be signed and dated.
- I will track attendance only to insure paid-up members are in attendance and no others, and for the sake of continued statistics of the program. Attendance is your choice once you’re paid-up.
- Paid-up participants will receive a full report and accounting of funds at season end.
- Once the program is underway, communication regarding the program will only be sent to paid-up members, ESC Management and the coach.
- We will continue with only one coach unless the signed-up members number reaches seventeen, at which time we will hire additional coaching staff.
Year End Reporting to Members and Residual Funding Policy
This remains the same as last season:
- One year end report will be provided via email to each participating ESC Master.
- A portion of residual funds will be provided to The Edmonton Ski Club in recognition of their support which includes:A portion of residual funds will be provided to ESC’s Alpine Program, for the use of their equipment (gates, etc.).
- No-Charge Website Space
- No Lane Fees
- Staying open Wednesday nights (sometimes our group makes up the majority of the Wednesday night activity)
- Remaining funds will go toward equipment acquisition specifically for ESC Masters.
Racing opportunities are available for masters racers throughout the year, locally, in Calgary, and in the mountains. Talk to other club members, or check the Alberta Masters Ski Club website or the Alberta Alpine website for race calendars and information.
Aim 2: Skiing For Life
Where: Provincial / National
• Crash helmets are only recommended in our program at this point. If preferred, participants can use a recreational-type helmet (or not) at their own discretion.
For further information, contact Dave McCullough at :email@example.com